Friday, August 30, 2013

Rainy Day Mushrooms

This afternoon I was outside belly dancing between rainclouds when I noticed something.  Big fluffy mushrooms were sprouting up in my witches circle. It was like a fairy ring come true. They are shaped like rockets as they push through the sand. Then they open up rather like a beach umbrella. It is one of the things I never expected to see in the Mojave desert.

Today I also saw quail. My friend was over and he saw a chipmunk. It poured a few times today and then the sun would come out. So I grabbed a veil and did some low impact dancing. My ankle is getting better but I sure don't want to re-injure it so easy does it.

If you'd like to read more about belly dancing, I have a blog for that here: http://bellydancetips.blogspot.com/2013/08/rainy-day-dance-practice.html

See you soon. Thanks for following.

I love my blue veil.

Good arm exercise.

Loving myself just the way I am.

Surprise! Mushrooms!

Pushing through the soft sand.

Fairy door?

Like a fairy garden in the sand.

Rain clouds over the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment