Saturday, November 15, 2014

Poetry and the Tango

I have taken on a lot lately but I don't regret it. In a way the more you do the more you can do. I keep in mind the law of attraction and when bad things happen I realize they are just clearing the path for abundance.

This month I'm writing 50,000 words of poetry. I've never tried that before, and it really had dredged up a lot of things from deep within me. I'll be writing some silly trite  poem and then wham, the next poem will be straight from my dark side! The poetry seems to jump from funny to nostalgic to horrific to scary to sad and back again. It is a lot of repressed stuff gurgling up to the surface.

I'm writing a 50,000 word novel too, and that comes a lot harder and a lot slower than the poetry. I assume that is because it has to have a plot. There are dark things in the novel as well, so I assume it is my inner self trying to find balance between light and dark, good and evil. You need the juxtaposition to have a good story. I'm not afraid of having dark thoughts as long as I don't act on them. When you are a writer you are both the hero and the villain.

The other thing I've been obsessed with lately is the tango. I love the passion and the sexual give and take of the tango. If money was no object, I'd buy a dance studio today and hire some tango teachers and partners. Then I'd find a nightclub where I could do the tango into the wee hours of the morning.
I don't know if my almost 60 year old knees could do the tango, but there must be some way I can modify it so I can do it.

As long as I can laugh at myself I know I will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment