Sunday, December 1, 2013

Making My Spirit Pouch

Today I'm working on my spirit pouch. I was going to make a pouch out of green fabric, but then I found an beautiful green organza pouch I already owned. Then the search was on to decide what to put into it.
And now it's too heavy. Yes, I got carried away.  So I think I'll keep a box of items that could go into the pouch, and swap them out as I need them.

Yellow Jasper: I've had this piece of yellow jasper for years. I was drawn to put it in the pouch. Here is a site that tells the metaphysical meanings of yellow jasper. If this helps me work next to my boyfriend and respect each other, it's something I really need.

Turquoise: I've always been drawn to turquoise.  And when I found this piece that used to belong to my mother, I had to use it. In fact it was the first thing I put in the pouch.

Amethyst Egg: This crystal in my favorite color is a must have for me. Once I walked into a store full of giant amethyst crystal geodes and I literally felt like I was walking 3" off the ground.

Copper Thunderbird Ring
Large black button to absorb negativity.
Three wooden cut-outs (poppets) to represent my 3 grandchildren. I have 3 sizes that match their ages.
A tiny clear glass sphere that reminds me of a crystal ball.
A green ceramic circle with a goddess figurine on one side and the word 'luck' on the side. Also stamped with tiny stars on the back.
A blue ceramic circle with a hamsa hand and a spiral on the palm. Spirals will always represent being a hypnotist to me.
A tiny bag with allspice
A tiny bag with a cinnamon stick
A heart shaped seashell to represent my love for the ocean
A circular carved bone bead
A piece of barely pink glass shaped like a star with streaks of gold and blue
A small gold cross with pearls and rubies
A tiny brown feather that was a top peacock feather to represent air and clairvoyance
I also want to add a dollar coin
I might replace the button with a piece of obsidian or an Apache tear if one comes my way.
A green lampwork glass bead to attract money.
A tiny white jingle bell to banish evil spirits

My three grandchildren are represented by these little wood people.

Allspice and Cinnamon for protection, prosperity and healing

A cross, a bone circle, and polished turquoise

Goddess medallion

Green glass bead and polished amethyst


Spiral hand, copper thunderbird ring and clear sphere.
Yellow Jasper and Glass Star
Seashell heart and black button
Finished spirit pouch
Holding my spirit pouch. I hung it on an eyeglass chain.
Tiny white jingle bell.







No comments:

Post a Comment